1. Chop onion and garlic.
2. Combine oil, cumin, coriander, mustard, cinnamon, salt, and cayenne in soup pot. 3. SautÚ onion and garlic until soft, stirring often.
4. Peel ginger and place in blender with 1 TBSP water, blend.
5. Add blended ginger to soup.
6. Cut summer squash into 1" pieces.
7. Quarter potato and apple, removing core and seeds from the apple.
8. Chop squash in food processor or blender.
9. Add potato and apple to blender being sure to use small amounts of liquid to keep blade moving.
10. Add remaining liquid, a little at a time, working the machine until a soup-like consistency is achieved.
11. Transfer soup to pot. Warm to just simmering, stirring occasionally.
12. Add lemon juice.
13. Adjust seasoning to taste by using salt and cayenne.
14. Garnish with chopped cilantro