Strawberry French Toast for Motherís Day
* 1 8 oz pkg cream cheese, softened
* 1/2 C powdered sugar
* 1 TBSP vanilla extract
* 1/2 t cinnamon
* 8 slices bread, white or whole wheat
* 3 C strawberries, hulled and sliced
* 3 eggs, beaten
* 2 TBSP milk
* 4 TBSP butter, optional
* 2 TBSP powdered sugar
1. Mix until smooth cream cheese, 1/2 C powdered sugar, vanilla and cinnamon.
2. Spread on one side of bread.
3. Top with sliced strawberries, covering the spread completely.
4. Spread more of the mixture on another piece of bread and place on top.
5. Press sandwich together gently to enclose strawberries inside.
6. Mix eggs and milk together and set aside.
7. Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
8. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray and place in oven.
9. Melt 1 Tablespoon of butter in a skillet.
10. Take sandwiches and place in egg and milk mixture covering both sides.
11. Lay sandwich in the skillet and cook until the first side is lightly brown.
12. Flip sandwich and cook the other side.
13. Once both sides have browned, place it on the baking sheet in warm oven.
14. Before serving, top French toast with remaining strawberries and powdered sugar.
15. Drizzle with maple syrup or Strawberry topping below.