* 2 cups fresh blueberries (or frozen)
* 1/3 cup brown sugar, packed
* 1/4 cup very finely chopped sweet onion
* 1 small garlic clove, grated
* 1/4 cup golden raisins
* 3 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
* 1 1/2 tsp grated ginger root
* 1/4 tsp salt
* 1/4 tsp cinnamon
* dash red pepper flakes
* dash ground cloves
1. In a large heavy saucepan, add all ingredients, stirring to combine.
2. Bring to a boil and immediately turn heat to low.
3. Simmer, uncovered, slowly for 20 to 25 minutes or until sauce thickens and reduces. Stir several times during cooking time.
4. Serve warm on a variety of foods.