* 2 tsp peanut oil
* 6 green onions, thinly sliced
* 2 tsp lemongrass, minced (may substitute chives and a little lemon zest)
* 2 tsp ginger root, minced
* 2 tsp green chilies, chopped
* 3/4 C coconut milk
* 3/4 C chicken stock
* 1.5 lbs of cod fillets
* 2 lime leaves, shredded
* 1/4 C cilantro leaves
1. In a large pan heat the peanut oil.
2. Add the green onions, lemongrass, ginger and chilies cooking for 3 minutes.
3. Blend in the coconut milk and stock and bring to a quick boil.
4. Gently place the fillets into the pan.
5. Stir in the shredded lime leaves.
6. Simmer, uncovered 10 minutes or until the fish is cooked through, turning once.
7. Remove the fish from the pan and cover to keep warm
8. Bring the coconut mixture back to a quick boil.
9. Continue boiling 5 minutes or until the liquid is reduced by half.
10. Lay the fish in a single layer on a serving plate.
11. Cover the fish with the coconut mixture.
12. Add the cilantro leaves are just before serving.
This Asian inspired dish is right over the top! It pulls out all the stops, hits every one of our family's favorite ingredients... ginger, chilies, coconut milk, lime, and cilantro. Yummy! Oh, yeah, can't forget the fish. If cod is not in your market, use any good, solid, firm white fish. Haddock, for instance.