Tasty Traditional Pumpkin Pie
* 1 (9 in) pie crust
* 1/2 C brown sugar
* 1 tbsp all purpose flour
* 1 1/2 C pumpkin puree
* 1 1/2 C heavy cream
* 1/2 tsp salt
* 1 tsp cinnamon
* 1 tsp ginger
* 1/4 tsp nutmeg
* 1/2 C light corn syrup
* 3 eggs, slightly beaten
* 1 tsp vanilla
1. In a 9 in pie plate place the pie crust and prick the bottom of the crust a few times with a fork and set aside.
2. In a large mixing bowl mix the brown sugar and flour.
3. Blend in the pumpkin puree and heavy cream.
4. On medium speed with an electric mixer beat until completely combined.
5. Sprinkle in the spices.
6. Using a rubber spatula stir until combined well.
7. Mix in the corn syrup in a separate bowl using the mixer on medium speed.
8. Beat in the eggs and vanilla until blended together well.
9. Spread the mixture into the pie shell.
10. The edge of the pie should be covered with foil to keep from getting to brown.
11. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 25 minutes.
12. Remove the foil and bake 30 minutes longer or until a knife inserted in the center come out clean.
This recipe is very basic, and I guess that's why it's a classic. Nothing too complicated here, just good ingredients. Don't forget the whipped topping when you serve this pie to your holiday guests.