* 4 whole mushrooms, sliced
* 1 ounce dried bean curd
* 1 teaspoon Chinese black beans, lightly crushed
* 3 cups carrots, chopped
* 3 cups green peppers, sliced
* 2 cups onions, chopped
* 1 cup celery, sliced
* 3 teaspoons garlic, minced
* 1 teaspoon ginger root, minced
* 2 cups vegetable stock
* 1/2 cup water chestnuts, sliced
* 1/4 cup soy sauce (reduced-sodium)
* 1/4 cup broccoli, chopped
* 2 tablespoons ketchup
* 1 tablespoon honey
* 16 ounces firm tofu, cut in cubes
* 2 cups bean sprouts
* 2 tablespoons cornstarch
1. In a medium-sized bowl, cover the mushrooms with warm water and soak for 15-20 minutes. Drain, saving the liquid, and set aside.
2. In a large flat dish, soak the dried bean curd in 1 cup of warm water for 5 minutes.
3. In a small bowl, soak the black beans in 1/4 cup water for 15-20 minute. Drain and set aside.
4. In a saucepan, saute the carrots, peppers, onions, celery, garlic, and ginger in 1/4 cup vegetable stock for 5 minutes. Add the remaining vegetable stock, black beans, mushrooms, and leftover liquid. Add the bean curd, water chestnuts, broccoli, 1/2 cup warm water, soy sauce, ketchup, and honey. Stir well.
5. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat, and simmer for 10 minutes. Add the tofu and simmer for 10-12 minutes. Add the bean sprouts and simmer for 2-4 minutes. Dissolve the cornstarch in 4 tablespoons of cold water and add to saucepan. Stir well, and continue to simmer until the sauce has thickened. Serve over rice or noodles.