Tuna Stuffed Baked Peppers
* 4 green bell peppers, tops, seeds and membrane removed
* 1 TBSP finely chopped onion
* 1 C soft breadcrumbs
* 1 egg, slightly beaten
* 1/2 C milk
* Salt and pepper to taste
* 1 tsp. fresh lemon juice
* 1 can (7 1/2 oz.) tuna, flaked
* 2 TBSP butter or margarine
1. Place the prepared peppers in a large pan of water.
2. Be sure that the water just covers the peppers.
3. Add a little salt to the water.
4. Bring the water to a boil.
5. Allow the peppers to boil for 5 to 6 minutes or until the peppers just start to become tender.
6. Drain the water off of the peppers.
7. Place the peppers upside to complete the draining.
8. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
9. Place the onion, 1/2 C of breadcrumbs, egg, milk and lemon juice into a large mixing bowl.
10. Add the tuna and stir being sure to mix all the ingredients together well.
11. Add salt and pepper to taste.
12. Fill each pepper 3/4 full of the tuna mixture.
13. Melt butter in the microwave.
14. Add the remaining 1/2 C of breadcrumbs to the melted butter and mix well.
15. Layer the breadcrumbs on top of each pepper.
16. Prepare a shallow baking pan with non stick cooking spray.
17. Line peppers in pan.
18. Bake 15 minutes or until mixture is completely heated.
19. Let stand about 5 minutes before serving.