Whole Wheat Raisin Wedges
* 3 tbsp granulated sugar, divided
* 1 C of flour
* 1 C of whole wheat flour
* 1 tbsp baking powder
* 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
* 1/2 tsp nutmeg
* 1/2 tsp salt
* 1/3 C butter
* 2 eggs, lightly beaten
* 1/3 C milk
* 1/2 C raisins
1. Preset the oven temperature to 425 degrees.
2. Spray a large baking sheet lightly with a non stick cooking spray.
3. Place all but 1 tsp of the sugar into a mixing bowl.
4. Dump both types of flour into the bowl with the sugar, add in the baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt tossing to combine.
5. Using a pastry blender cut in the butter until it resembles coarse crumbs.
6. Remove 1 tbsp of the beaten eggs and set aside.
7. Stir in the remaining eggs and milk until blended in well.
8. Fold in the raisins.
9. Lightly flour a flat surface and turn the batter out onto the flour.
10. Knead the dough 5 times then roll out into a 3/4 inch circle.
11. Cut the dough into 8 wedges.
12. Place the wedges on the prepared baking sheet and brush with the reserved egg.
13. Sprinkle the wedges evenly with the remaining sugar.
14. Bake 16 to 18 minutes or until a golden brown.
This little treats are nice for a late night snack or even for breakfast. Whatever the excuse, they are very yummy any time day or night!