Beef Fajita Wrap
* 1 tablespoon minced onion
* 1 teaspoon chili powder
* 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
* 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
* 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
* 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
* 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
* 1/2 cup water
* 1 pound lean beef (sirloin or tenderloin)
* 1 medium green bell pepper, seeded and sliced
* 1 medium red onion, sliced
* 1 large tomato, seeded and sliced into thin wedges
* 8 leaves Romaine lettuce
* 8 large flour tortillas, warmed to soften
In a small bowl, combine first 8 ingredients, mix well and set aside. Pierce steak several times on each side using a fork. Spoon a small amount marinade onto both sides of steak, cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
Combine remaining ingredients (except tortillas) with reserved marinade and toss to coat. Grill or broil steak until desired doneness. Slice into thin strips. Heat a large nonstick skillet over high heat until hot. Add vegetables and marinade and stir-fry until crisp-tender. Add sliced steak and heat through.
Place 1 leaf lettuce on each warmed tortilla. Divide steak and vegetable mixture between each tortilla, placing the ingredients in the upper portion of the center of each tortilla (leaving some room to fold). Fold one side of the tortilla over the filling, followed by the “bottom” of the wrap and tightly roll to seal.
Makes 8 Servings
Saturated Fat 3g
What is Your Secret Weapon for a Healthy Eating Lifestyle?
Find out how to make Healthy Eating Easy!